Parking season tickets for Town Centre Employees
Kirkcaldy 4 All has been working in collaboration with Fife Council to offer reduced parking charges for all Council carparks in the Town Centre.
In April 2016 the trial was extended for another 12 months.
To encourage town centre workers to park in central, convenient, long stay car parks, the season ticket price has been halved to £60 from £120. This equates to £1 per day for a 5 day working week.
To download the season ticket application form, please follow this link:
For more information about the reduced parking charges and which car-parks it applies to, please click here.
All businesses in Kirkcaldy Town Centre which operate within the defined ‘district’ are required by law to pay a BID levy and thus are a BID Member. The BID Levy is calculated based on 1% of the rateable value of the property or £100 if subject to the Business Rates Relief Scheme. The BID Levy is normally paid by the renter of a property and is collected in April on an annual basis. Invoices are issued by Fife Council, as the collection agent.
Fife Council’s Town Centre Development Unit, through Business Gateway Fife, has introduced 3 new grant funds, focused on supporting the on-going development of Town Centres. These are:
• Vacant Property Grant
• Business Improvement Grant
• Town Centre Expert Help
For all grants the following eligibility criteria must be met.
• The business must have an annual turnover of less than £1M
• Must not have more than 3 units under the same business brand
• No grant eligible spend may start before any grant offer is made and accepted
• Must be up to date with Non Domestic Rates (NDR) and where applicable BID levy payments or have a payment plan in place
Vacant Property Improvement Grant
If an existing business or start-up business is loo king to take on a vacant town centre property grant funding may be available for the physical improvement of the exterior and/or interior of the chosen property. Additional eligibility criteria for this fund are:
• The proposed premises must have been vacant and available for a minimum of six months
• At least a 12 month lease must be in place, or if the unit is owned, evidence of title deeds will be required
• If there is a similar business located within a ½ m ile radius of the proposed property, the grant appl icant should demonstrate significant differential so that the new business is adding to the town centre offer
• In the case of an existing business taking on a vacant unit, this must be part of business development plans
The grant awarded can be up to a maximum of £5,000 or 75% of eligible project costs whichever is the lesser.
Business Improvement Grant
This grant is available to existing businesses to do the following:-
• Shop Front Improvement – works to improve the exterior of the building
• Business Improvement Activities – these can include product development, business diversification, online or e-commerce development
Additional eligibility criteria for this fund:
• Lease will have at least 12 months to run (if shop front improvements are to be carried out) If the un it is owned evidence of title will be required.
The grant awarded can be up to a maximum of £2,500 or 50% of eligible project costs whichever is the lesser.
Expert Help is designed to provide tailored support from industry experts to town centre businesses. This can include visual marketing, business marketing, online design, business plan and financial planning or any other relevant expertise to the business. This can take the form of a maximum of 1.5 days of expertise from a r ecognised industry expert. Grant Funding may be available if the proposed project does not qualify under the Vacant Property or Business Improvement Grant. The grant awarded is up to a maximum of £500 or 50% of project costs, whichever the lesser.
Note that the VAT element is excluded from all grant claims.
For more information about the TOWN CENTRE BUSINESS SUPPORT FUND contact Fiona Turnbull at BUSINESS GATEWAY Tel: 01592 858327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (email contact preferred as she is only in the office on Thursdays).