The UK’s only Highland Games to be held on a beach will be back in Kirkcaldy this summer and we’re hoping it will be the biggest and best yet! The event brings thousands of spectators to the town’s Waterfront to enjoy a unique combination of culture, sport and social entertainment from Heavy athletics to Highland dancing. Read on for more …
Kirkcaldy Beach Highland Games
Saturday 8 June 2019 from 10.30am-1.30pm
The running order is as follows …
- 10.30am – Parade & Pipe Band
- 10.45am – Official Opening
- Full athletics programme including Highland Dancing and Heavy Events
- Pipe Band March
- Kids’ Races
- 60m Scottish Beach Championship Race
- Full Athletics Programme continues with Relays, Adults and Youth Races
- 1pm – Grand Finale and Closing Ceremony
Please note: All timings are approximate and dependent on number of entrants, weather and tides.
The highland dancing, heavy events and sand cycling will take place throughout the Games. A variety of stalls – from local businesses and charities – will be located along the Storm Road:
If you are interested in being involved in this year’s event – as a competitor or to take one of the trade stalls on the Waterfront – please contact Laura Laird in Kirkcaldy4All’s office on 01592 640040.